Wireless Industry Blog on Mobile | Embedded | IoT
NextGen Global's wireless industry blog features in-depth articles, video interviews, infographics, surveys, and whitepapers about mobile networks, cellular infrastructure, and ioT data and devices.
Our wireless industry blog contains articles about MNOs, MVNOs, wireless infrastructure vendors, RFIC and embedded wireless, RF components, and Internet of Things.
Leading edge information about the business acumen, market trends, proposed standards, radio access and core cellular systems, embedded wireless, Bluetooth, and connected devices.
Articles - Videos - Surveys - Interviews | NextGen Wireless Industry Blog
Our wireless industry blog features interviews with leading executives, writers, IP developers, and strategists that work with Internet of Things modules and semiconductors, self-optimizing networks, heterogeneous networks known as HetNet, MNOs concerned with RF optimization and RF performance, 4G, LTE, 5G and IoT networks, mobile wearables like fitness and health, NFV, smart antenna, towers, leasing, and site acquisition.
Featured Articles and Featured Authors | Wireless Industry Blog
Below you will find titles, brief summaries, and links to articles on wireless, mobile, cellular, and IoT. Look no further than NextGen Global Executive Search, led by leading wireless recruiters with 30+ years recruiting Bod members, corporate executives, and functional leaders for clients worldwide in engineering, sales, strategy, ecosystem partnership development, business development, operations, and finance.
- IoT Enables Smart Cities Attain Urban Development Vision IoT Enables Smart Cities Attain Urban Development Vision Read more about this post
- Blockchain Technology Securing IoT Infrastructure? Blockchain Technology Securing IoT Infrastructure? The growth of the Internet-of-Things (IoT) paradigm begs the question if blockchain technology securing IoT infrastructure properly or not? Currently propelled by an unprecedented increase in the number of internet-connected devices. Even though the Cisco’s 2011 projection about 50 billion devices in 2020 is not ending up being very accurate, more ... Read more about this post
- Future Cell Site Towers for IoT Data, Broadband, and Leasing Future Cell Site Towers for IoT Data, Broadband, and Leasing As demands on the Internet continue to grow, an in-depth look at the future cell site towers needs to be addressed, especially with IoT that sees homes become increasingly “smart” with the demand for transmission equipment continuing to grow. How will this growth happen? Where will ... Read more about this post
- Benefits and Pitfalls of Mobile Payments Benefits and Pitfalls of Mobile Payments Mention a paper check to a Millennial, and you are likely to get blank stares. Before we address the benefits and pitfalls of mobile payments, first we must acknowledge that the idea of writing anything on a slip of paper for a payment is as anathema to them as a ... Read more about this post
- Embedded Wireless Devices and IoT Security Vulnerabilities Embedded Wireless Devices and IoT Security VulnerabilitiesEmbedded Wireless devices, once thought to be too small to include their own security, undergo a more thorough analysis beginning with firmware testing. The software inside the chip is just as important as the application controlling it. Both need to be tested for security and quality. Some of the early ... Read more about this post
- LTE and 5G compete or compliment IoT networks? LTE and 5G compete or compliment IoT networksCurious – can LTE and 5G compete or compliment IoT networks or the other way around? The big cellular companies have heavily invested in Long-Term Evolution (LTE) networks and the coming 5G network. They are saying it can compete with the Internet of Things (IoT) network that smaller ... Read more about this post
- Self Organizing Networks drives down Mobile HetNet cost Self Organizing Networks drive down Mobile HetNet Cost As technology continues to advance, Self organizing networks drive down mobile Hetnets cost. Known as SON, it has promise for the large cellular carriers that run LTE but additionally for smaller networks running on Wi-Fi and femtocells. The goal of all carriers is to lower their overall operating ... Read more about this post
- Mobile BYOD Security – Workplace Best Practices Mobile Device Security – Best Practices for Workplace BYOD Going online increasingly means going mobile. “There’s an app for that” is the truth these days. Unfortunately, mobile device security brings the same set of concerns that full computer and cloud systems are battling – threats, hacking, and ransomware. The biggest security threat to mobile devices that is ... Read more about this post
- Zero Rating for ISPs and Mobile Network Operators is a Growing Trend Zero Rating – Growing trends in mobile network operators usage A report on zero rating by the Federal Communications Commission just a week and a half before the inauguration of Donald Trump said that zero rating violates net neutrality rules. “Zero-rated” applications do not count toward data caps or usage allowance imposed by internet service providers. ... Read more about this post
- Threat of IoT Botnets – How Can We Protect our Systems? IoT Botnets – How Can We Protect against the Threat? IoT Botnets is the term used to describe a network of devices that have been compromised by a cybercriminal and are being used to conduct a coordinated attack. Typically these devices are a mixture of computers and mobile devices. IoT Botnets can be utilized for many ... Read more about this post
- Network Function Virtualization – What NFV will do for Operators Network Function Virtualization is ready to take off. Network function virtualization, as Dylan would say, the times they are a changin’. Network Function Virtualization has come to the mobile operator, and according to strategic business advisor Northstream. It will be part of a “natural evolution of existing infrastructures” bringing greater efficiency and lower costs. But the ... Read more about this post
- Mobile Threat Exploits Are You Prepared to Defend? Are you Prepared to Defend against Mobile Threat Exploits?When we think of cyber threats to endpoints, typically what comes to mind is the need to protect our PC’s and laptops. Many more businesses are adding comprehensive security solutions and user policies administered to include mobile threat exploits. But it’s unquestionable now that mobile phones are just ... Read more about this post
- IoT Recruiting – does your search firm deliver results? IoT Recruiting – does your search firm deliver results? IoT recruiting where a lot of recruiting firms out there – contingency based, RPOs, and retained search firms claim they can deliver results. You have the need to find the right candidate for a key senior executive or functional leadership role. Or you need a key ... Read more about this post